Since breakfast is normally coined the most important meal of the day, you probably understand that skipping breakfast is kinda bad for your health. But do you know why?
Some of my friends skip breakfast constantly so this is for you guys ;).
Reasons why you need breakfast:
- It gives you energy!
- You’re actually less likely to be overweight if you eat breakfast because you’ll feel less compelled to reach for sugary snacks during the day.
- It improves memory and concentration levels, so you’ll get better grades at school.
- It makes us happier and reduces stress levels.
- Provides essential nutrients that you might not get for the rest of the day.
(Got the info from http://www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/why-is-breakfast-important)
So that was just a little health tip. Now onto this delicious creamy oatmeal filled with fruit and yummy almond butter!
This is a perfect example of a balanced breakfast. There’s the protein from the almond butter, essential nutrients from the banana and apple (remember, one apple a day makes the doctor go away!) and the soluble fiber (which is good for heart health) from the oats.
Apple Banana Oatmeal with Almond Butter
Delicious, creamy oatmeal that does not taste bland! It has all the great things to start the morning off just right.
1 1/2 cups almond milk
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 banana, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 apple, chopped into small chunks
4 tbsp. almond butter (and some extra to drizzle on top of oatmeal)
- In a small pan over medium heat, bring the almond milk to a boil. Mix in the oats, banana slices, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Cook for 3 minutes until thick, then add in the apple chunks and almond butter, making sure to mix thoroughly. Remove the pan from heat and leave, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Divide between 3 bowls (or two if you’re hungry) and top with a bit of extra almond butter. Enjoy straight away!