These are the BEST brownies I’ve ever tasted. Better than the ones loaded with butter. I know, a healthy brownie recipe which tastes even better than the original ones? Yep. I present you fudgy, rich, indulgent brownies with a crackly top made with coconut oil and no butter whatsoever.
There is this sort of, almost, cookie-like texture surrounding the middle, which is the fudgy part of the brownie. So you get two textures, crackly when you bite into it, and the delicious chocolate gooey bliss in the middle.
My mouth was watering when I typed that.
Guess I should get to the recipe part before I make myself another batch. (Because I already finished off the first one!)
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring well until combined.
Mix together the sugar and eggs until smooth in a large bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract, whisking quickly non-stop so the heat from the chocolate mixture does not cook the eggs. (We wouldn’t want scrambled eggs in our brownies, would we?)
Then stir in the flour and chocolate chunks until just combined. Pour into an oven dish lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 175°C (350°F) oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until the top is crackly and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove the brownies, with the parchment paper under, onto a cooling rack. Cut into squares when completely cooled down.
Fudgy Coconut Oil Brownies
Healthy, gooey, fudgy, rich, chocolate brownies with no butter. These are the best brownies ever!
Adapted from: Coconut Oil Brownies-Golden Barrel
1 1/4 cups (7.5 oz) dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
3/4 cup (150 g) coconut oil
1/2 raw cane sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup (3 oz) chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Combine the sugar and eggs in a large bowl, until light in color and smooth. Mix in the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract, whisking quickly to prevent cooking the eggs.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chunks/chocolate chips, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter in the lined baking dish and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until crackly on the top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the brownies, with the parchment paper, onto a cooling rack. Cut into squares when completely cooled down.
2 thoughts on “Fudgy Coconut Oil Brownies”
Brownies with two textures are my kind of brownies 😉 Love the use of coconut oil!
Thanks! You should totally try to make them! 😀