Zucchini, zucchini and zucchini! We still have a lot from our garden, so I’m trying to use them up before they get rotten. One of the most delicious ways of using zucchini is fritters!
Although the normal ones are fried in a pan, I baked them in the oven to make it healthier. These zucchini fritters are very easy to make, with only 7 ingredients. The only thing you really have to do is squeeze as much water as you can from the grated zucchini to make sure they hold together when baked.
You first grate the zucchini, and you’ll notice that there is a lot of liquid with it. To remove the liquid, I simply squeezed the grated pieces with my hands, but you can also use a kitchen napkin to do it.
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C (392 °F). I didn’t find it necessary to flip the fritters midway, but you could if you want both sides to be extra crispy. And voila! Crispy, healthy, zucchini fritters for any meal of the day. These go great with Greek yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise.
Baked Zucchini Fritters
1 large zucchini, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
A bit of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 °C ( 392 °F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Squeeze out all the water from the grated zucchini, using your hands or a kitchen napkin.
- Add in all ingredients except olive oil and mix until mixture comes together.
- Brush olive oil on top of the parchment paper.
- Form 8 patties with hands and place on baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes. (For a crispy fritter, flip once midway through baking time.)
- Serve with Greek yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, or any other dressing!